brainlid

brainlid

ThinkingElixir 098 - Elixir in the iOS App Store with Dominic Letz

In episode 98 of Thinking Elixir, Dominic Letz did something I thought was impossible. He got an Elixir application packaged up, approved, and available through the Apple App Store on iOS devices. The application runs Elixir on the device, creates a web view, and hosts Phoenix LiveView pages. They went further and created a bridge to integrate with more of the platform specific features of the device. Is Android your preferred platform? They have it running there as well and in the Google Play Store. We talk about how it works, challenges overcome, and where it is now. They also created several Github projects that show how to do this yourself to create a cross-platform desktop application and apps for Apple and Android mobile devices. Very cool! They want your help to make it even better.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
Rust vs Go — Bitfield Consulting. Which is better, Rust or Go? Which language should you choose for your next project, and why? How do t...
New
First poster: bot
We all know how to teach recursion. We’ve done it for decades. We pick some honored, time-tested examples—Fibonacci numbers and factorial...
New
First poster: bot
In a previous post we talked about implementing a simple video chat with WebRTC and Elixir. This update will touch on some of the API cha...
New
First poster: dimitarvp
I’ve spent the last year building keyboards, which has included writing firmware for a variety custom circuit boards. I initially wrote ...
New
First poster: bot
The run-time speed and memory usage of programs written in Rust should about the same as of programs written in C, but overall programmin...
New
First poster: malloryerik
Everyone outside of tech has heard of JavaScript, Java, Python, Ruby and even .Net, but few if any have heard of F#. However, F# may be o...
New
First poster: bot
This post is a spiritual successor to Loris Cro’s Go cross-compilation. The encounter During a recent stage 2 meeting Jakub Konka wanted...
New
CommunityNews
Functional programming is an increasing popular programming paradigm with many languages building or already supporting it. Go already su...
New
pablocostass
Todos coñecemos os focos de Erlang/Elixir máis renomeados do mundo, como a Suecia, o Brasil, a California ou Londres. Mais a comunidade, ...
New
GoulvenClech
Hi everyone :wave: I’m excited to share an article detailing how we have reorganized our Elixir/Phoenix project’s directory structure. W...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New