brainlid
Thinking Elixir 298 - Hex Gets a Glow Up
Episode 298 of Thinking Elixir. News includes the hex.pm website getting a fresh new redesign, the Hex 2.4 package manager upgrading to OAuth device flow authentication with two-factor authentication support for improved security, the official Elixir Expert LSP hitting its v0.1 release milestone, a new LiveStash library from SoftwareMansion that prevents state loss on LiveView reconnects, and José Valim himself stopping by to remind everyone that the ElixirConf US Call for Talks deadline is fast approaching, and more!
Popular Backend topics
Part 1: Introduction to Postgrest.
In Codd, we trust In the field of Computer Science and Engineering, few things come close to the dura...
New
What’s Next for Teal, the typed dialect of Lua - FOSDEM 2021.
This is my talk about the latest updates on the Teal programming language,...
New
Just listening to this now…
Totally agree with @FrancescoC’s and @thompson_si’s comment “learn to learn” :sunglasses:
In our talk we’...
New
Not had time to read it yet but this looks like a good interview…
Our friend Yukihiro Matsumoto, creator of the Ruby programming langua...
New
Over the last few years, due in large part to the hype surrounding blockchain and cryptocurrencies, decentralized applications have gaine...
New
This post explains why Scala projects are difficult to maintain.
Scala is a powerful programming language that can make certain small te...
New
I wrote Python for the last 10 years, and I always tend to write code in a “functional” way - map, filter, lambda and so on, it makes me ...
New
In episode 78 of Thinking Elixir, we talk with Chase Granberry about Logflare. We learn why Chase started the company, what Logflare does...
New
Peeper is the tiny library to preserve state across GenServer crashes/restarts.
Works as an almost drop-in substitute for GenServer, sui...
New
Episode 264 of Thinking Elixir. News includes Phoenix v1.8 shipping with an AGENTS markdown file for new apps to enhance coding agent exp...
New
Other popular topics
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework.
Brian Okken @brianokken
Edited by Kat...
New
Author Spotlight
Rebecca Skinner
@RebeccaSkinner
Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /markdown









