DevotionGeo
Mnesia vs (something like) Riak and CouchDB, differences, pros and cons, and what was your experience using them?
Most Liked
AstonJ
I haven’t used any of those myself (Postgres has always been a good fit for me, and now is more featured than ever) but I guess it would depend on specific use cases as I imagine they all excel in specific areas.
I remember some good discussions on EF about them tho…
1
Popular Backend topics
For me it’s the semicolon, because I stopped using a semicolon in JavaScript, two other of my favorite languages, Elixir and Go don’t hav...
New
New
Some time ago I read somewhere that Rocket will work with stable versions of Rust.
The previous version’s changelog says, “Core: Removed...
New
C++: The Good Parts .
Jordan DeLong overviews the past, current and near future “good parts” of C++'s functional side through the colore...
New
New
About Self
Self is a prototype-based dynamic object-oriented programming language, environment, and virtual machine centered around the p...
New
If you are experiencing Rails console using 100% CPU on your dev machine, then updating your development and test gems might fix the issu...
New
Intensively researching Erlang books and additional resources on it, I have found that the topic of using Regular Expressions is either c...
New
What do you people do for reading Erlang docs?
Is there something like Ruby’s ri?
I installed manual pages for Erlang under /usr/local/...
New
Hey everyone! :wave:
We’re looking for a Back-End Developer Volunteer to help us build something impactful! If you want to gain real-wor...
New
Other popular topics
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread.
While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Author Spotlight
Rebecca Skinner
@RebeccaSkinner
Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
Author Spotlight:
Bruce Tate
@redrapids
Programming languages always emerge out of need, and if that’s not always true, they’re defin...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /laravel









