AstonJ

AstonJ

Has anyone got or experiencing Coronavirus symptoms?

The chances of getting this is high, and although symptoms will be mild for many, I wonder if there’s worth having a thread to log our direct experiences.

Please feel free to use this thread if you have or think you have picked up Coronavirus Covid-19.

Most Liked

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Pretty sure me and my wife got through it back in December 2019. Moderately nasty flu but with very hard coughs – had problems breathing for several days. Some fevers, pretty mild ones, and occasional unexplainable fatigue for a few hours.

All in all nothing horrible but the coughs were definitely something else.

That’s why I think the current hysteria is really ill-placed and badly timed. But still, if some of the isolation measures help relieve the burden on the hospitals then it’s still a big win.

AstonJ

AstonJ

I think I may have had it too.

I stayed in since last Friday up to yesterday, but I had three deliveries. After receiving the second one, I left it in the porch, washed my hands and carried on with my usual activities. The day after I thought I’d better put the delivery away (a big sack of Epsom salts - for my daily baths!) I felt an unusual pin-prick type sensation in the palm of my hand. Washed hands as usual (always do whenever I pick up mail or receive a delivery - even before Coronavirus) but that night I felt a strong urge to rub my eyes as well. I was in the bath so figured clean enough to!

Same and following day I got that sensation you often get at the beginning of a sore throat, a pin prick burning type feeling in the back of my throat on swelling (just once), and then later down my food or wind pipe. I also experienced a few twinges in my chest. Also have a slight feeling similar to the aftermath of having a head-cold. I’ve coughed a few times too - but I am actually pretty good at surprising a cough. No temperature tho.

So I would say it’s possible I have had it, and (so far anyway) there’s been no major or debilitating symptoms… yet.

A friend from the gym (early 20s, in great shape) has got it (now confirmed) and had to go into hospital as he had chest pains on top of a cough. He’s now self-isolating. Just goes to show this can affect anyone of any age.

Eiji

Eiji

Luckily I’m fine mostly because of having huge amount of savings since begin of virus epidemic in China. I’m all the time self-isolated and chilling in flat I’m renting, but of course sooner or later savings need to end and I would be forced to buy new on Monday. Hope I would be fine.

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

AstonJ
Perhaps we can use this thread to come up with ideas, learn what other countries are doing and then contacting our local politicians with...
New
AstonJ
It’s absolutely boiling here atm :orange_heart: Well, probably not in comparison to where some of you live but it’s a lovely 29 degrees ...
New
AstonJ
Just started reading Ben Greenfield’s Boundless on my Kindle https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bo...
New
dimitarvp
…But I’ve been doing my own experiments lately and I found that severely reduced carbs and sugar (even skipping on fruits!) is giving me ...
New
amolith
I’m the stereotypical overweight IT guy, have been trying to become less overweight, and one of the more popular ways to accomplish that ...
New
First poster: bot
Microplastics Found In Live Human Lung Tissue For The First Time. From the top of the tallest mountain to the depths of the ocean floor,...
New
First poster: bot
To date most research on obesity has focused on studying those with a high body mass index (BMI), but a research group is now taking a di...
New
CommunityNews
Rethinking indoor air chemistry. People typically spend 90 percent of their lives inside, at home, at work or in transport. Within these...
New
First poster: bot
90% of people living with long COVID initially experienced only mild illness.
New
CommunityNews
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans reset U.S. nutrition policy by restoring science, common sense, and real food as the foundation of n...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New