AstonJ

AstonJ

Biohacking Books

Just started reading Ben Greenfield’s Boundless on my Kindle

I really like Ben’s relentless focus on the pursuit of optimal health and self-experimentation - I like to think I am open to trying out new ideas in health but he does way more than I probably would!

He also looks incredible for his age and while I’d normally suspect fillers and botox, I think he’s said he doesn’t do either (or at least he mentions in his book that they are not needed). He also grows all of his own food and hunts his own meat - something I’d also love to do one day. I have no idea about his political views, but from what I’ve heard or read to date he seems to be a decent guy.


David Sinclair’s Lifespan is probably going to be next on my list:


Anyone else reading or read any books on biohacking?

Most Liked

finner

finner

@AstonJ - did you read Lifespan? I’m interested in that one.
I want to read The Longevity Diet - Valter Longo and Blue Zones - Dan Buettner. I certainly do not want to live forever, but I do want to be healthy and fit right to the end :smiley:

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Can you vet these books as actually having actionable practices for health improving?

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

This sounds… horrible. Sensationalistic tone, hyping up the audience, and ultimately saying nothing.

Even if it’s a very useful book, such a marketing lingo is extremely off-putting.

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

wolf4earth
@AstonJ prompted me to open this topic after I mentioned in the lockdown thread how I started to do a lot more for my fitness. https://f...
New
DevotionGeo
What about going sugar free? My sugar intake is zero for the last two months and I feel awesome. I do consume natural sugar though, in t...
New
New
First poster: bot
Magnesium is a critical mineral in the human body and is involved in ~80% of known metabolic functions. It is currently estimated that 60...
New
amolith
I’m the stereotypical overweight IT guy, have been trying to become less overweight, and one of the more popular ways to accomplish that ...
New
First poster: bot
Viruses that were on hiatus during Covid are back — and behaving in unexpected ways. For nearly two years, as the Covid pandemic disrupt...
New
First poster: bot
It’s well known that weightlifting can strengthen our biceps and quads. Now, there’s accumulating evidence that strengthening the muscles...
New
First poster: bot
How antidepressants help bacteria resist antibiotics. A laboratory study unravels ways non-antibiotic drugs can contribute to drug resis...
New
CommunityNews
How does a technique called histotripsy turn tumors into a liquid slurry without harming healthy tissue? Learn about this new noninvasive...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New