elbrujohalcon
Galicia ❤️ The BEAM
We all know about the most renowned Erlang/Elixir centers worldwide, like Sweden, Brazil, California, and London. But the community, even when not huge, is broadly spread. Today we want to celebrate a smaller region that’s home to many amazing contributions to our beloved ecosystem. The birthplace of my ancestors: Galicia!
Most Liked
rustkas
I am very glad for your success! 
2
Popular Backend topics
New
Is Zig the Long Awaited C Replacement.
Comparison with previous C contenders such as C++, D, Java, C#, Go, Rust and Swift
https://erik...
New
One of my favourite programming languages in the last few years has been Crystal. While the language has not yet reached its 1.0 version,...
New
I’ve spent the last year building keyboards, which has included writing firmware for a variety custom circuit boards.
I initially wrote ...
New
Not had time to read it yet but this looks like a good interview…
Our friend Yukihiro Matsumoto, creator of the Ruby programming langua...
New
Like, on a scale from c to rust?
issue
c
zig (release-safe)
rust (release)
out-of-bounds heap read/write
none
runtime
runtime
...
New
I discovered Elixir and Go at about the same time (2019). I had pivoted almost eight years of working as a Java developer, and part of me...
New
This was posted on the Elixir Forum and thought it was worth sharing here!
I love how the excitement of the author shines through and I ...
New
In episode 83 of Thinking Elixir, We talk with Isaac Yonemoto about the Zig language and his Zigler Elixir library. We learn where Zig ca...
New
In building lofi.limo, media storage and distribution naturally came up. I have songs, announcements, and background image loops which I ...
New
Other popular topics
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released.
Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









