kevinschweikert

kevinschweikert

Build Home Assistant Devices with Elixir and Nerves

Home Assistant is a great platform to integrate all kinds of devices in a unified user interface. But sometimes you want to build your own devices, in this case it was with Elixir and Nerves. This article shows you how to build a basic system to create new devices and entities in Home Assistant and send and receive new states in both directions. Lastly it introduces Homex - a library/framework in Elixir which takes care of all that and more.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
It’s not legacy code — it’s PHP. Vimeo has been using PHP in production for over 15 years. Find out how we keep a million lines of PHP i...
New
First poster: bot
When I need to configure something in a complicated way, I find myself reviewing the embedded language that provided the server to create...
New
First poster: bot
Julia is a scientific programming language that is free and open source.1 It is a relatively new language that borrows inspiration from l...
New
AstonJ
If you’re interested in Rust this is worth a read :smiley: Technology from the past come to save the future from itself Hi I have be...
New
First poster: bot
Django 3.2 is just around the corner and it’s packed with new features. Django versions are usually not that exciting (it’s a good thing!...
New
elbrujohalcon
A long time ago, I wrote an article about The Asymmetry of ++, thanks to Fede Bergero’s findings. Let’s add a few more asymmetries to th...
New
elbrujohalcon
Erlang is famous for its introspecting powers. You can get a lot of information about the processes running in your nodes without any ext...
New
wolf4earth
Tej Pochiraju joins the mix to discuss Progressive Web Apps and how you can support them using Elixir and Phoenix to control IoT devices....
New
chikega
Mark Hoffman, the author of Programming WebAssembly in Rust, is a pretty hilarious lecturer if you like a dry sense of humor.
New
RudManusachi
Hi there! Recently I was playing around with extracting and updating data in the DB and for fun challenged myself to try to implement a ...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New