AstonJ

AstonJ

Apple WWDC21 - live now

Anything good?

Most Liked

Hallski

Hallski

Quick notes and better iPad multitasking were my favorites out of several (universal control, safari improvements etc). Also really happy to see that they are continuing on the privacy efforts.

For universal control I am guessing they are using the same technology as sidecar which already exists, it uses Bluetooth for initial connection and then sets up a point-to-point WiFi network between the devices.

AstonJ

AstonJ

Universal control looks cool - but, what happens when I drag a file from an ipad to my Mac? Is it sent to Apple’s servers at all? (ie done via the cloud - uploaded to cloud first then downloaded onto the mac)?

We need them to be more specific about privacy and when/where they get sent to or through their servers etc…

AstonJ

AstonJ

Safari update looks good :heart_eyes: and I’m so glad they are adding something for people who have a million tabs open :upside_down_face:

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

New
AstonJ
New M1X chip? 10AM PDT / 6PM UK https://twitter.com/gregjoz/status/1447956519132151810 Feed: I hope we’ll also see an i...
New
AstonJ
10AM PST (6PM UK) What do you think we’ll see? Are you hoping for anything in particular?
New
New
AstonJ
I caught bits of it, so gonna catch up now - what did you think?
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New