CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Apple Unveils MacBook Pro Featuring M2 Pro and M2 Max

Apple unveils MacBook Pro featuring M2 Pro and M2 Max.
Apple today announced the new 14- and 16-inch MacBook Pro featuring M2 Pro and M2 Max, Apple’s next-generation pro silicon.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

I no longer believe their “50% faster”, “2.5 times faster” nonsense - because that’s what it is, nonsense - they introduce obsolescence into their older machines via each OS update making these comparisons meaningless.

It now takes my Mac TWO SECONDS to close a Safari tab :roll_eyes: (Yes I have a lot open, but I have always had a lot open - this machine has 64GB of RAM and should be able to handle it!)

It really does show Apple does not respect their customers and is in stark contrast to others in the industry - our playstations and xboxes get faster and better with each update, not worse! Our TVs get faster and better with each update, not worse!

I am surprised there is no class action lawsuit against them about this, then again, is it really surprising given they’re all in each other’s pockets!!

Maybe ChatGPT can cobble together a competing OS :lol:

Maartz

Maartz

Got a M1 Max as a personal computer, whenever I need to use the Lenovo at work, I see the difference.

The fans kicks so often, I’ve forgotten this sound, same goes for the battery, even with a dozen of docker container, the Mac’s battery lasts, the Lenovo can’t keep up.

I like macOS but I also like ricing my Linux, so I keep track of Asahi’s progress :wink:

The hardware is literally too good and got IMHO no competitor yet.

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

Their hardware, especially the Apple silicon based machines are good. I think people should start running Linux destros on them after they get slower, and then ditch Apple altogether.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: malloryerik
GitHub - hlissner/doom-emacs: An Emacs framework for the stubborn martian hacker. An Emacs framework for the stubborn martian hacker - G...
New
CommunityNews
ABSTRACT In lieu of a traditional , I’ve tried to distill the essence of the talk into a collection of maxims: All programmers are API ...
New
CommunityNews
Docker on MacOS is slow and how to fix it. Thanks to the DALL·E 2, we finally have a very nice graphic representation of the feelings of...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - jakehilborn/displayplacer: macOS command line utility to configure multi-display resolutions and arrangements. Essentially XRand...
New
New
CommunityNews
Christian Mills - Testing Intel’s Arc A770 GPU for Deep Learning Pt. 2. This post covers my experience training image classification mod...
New
CommunityNews
Once you get good at Rust all of these problems will go away Rust being great at big refactorings solves a largely self-inflicted issues ...
New
CommunityNews
After switching from Firefox to LibreWolf, I became interested in the idea of self-hosting my own Firefox Sync server. Although I had see...
New
First poster: alvinkatojr
About accelerationism, NRx, and the intersection of technology, religion, and philosophy: an analysis of the essential ideas in the new A...
New
CommunityNews
Online multiplayer games, such as Gears of War and Halo, use skill-based matchmaking to give players fair and enjoyable matches. They dep...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New