AstonJ

AstonJ

Andrew Huberman Podcasts

This is another great podcast and this episode in particular looks good - Optimizing Workspace for Productivity, Focus, & Creativity:

If you listen to this please let us know what you think and please also feel free to post other podcasts from him that you think are worth watching/listening to :023:

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

We have some good threads about them Finner:

And

I tried Hubermans advice regarding putting the monitor higher than eye level but I just felt agitated - maybe it raises cortisol or something? Might try it again at some point…

finner

finner

@AstonJ - yep agreed - this is an interesting podcast. I haven’t listened to as much as I would like but I will listen to those suggested above.
I first heard of Andrew Huberman from the Rich Roll podcast. I’ve just realised he’s even in the splash photo.

Here’s the interview with Rich Roll:

finner

finner

Yeah - there’s lots of info in the workspace one and I’m only only half way into it. It prompted me to stack boxes on my desk and try working standing up. I spent about 6 hours today working standing up. I like it enough to continue. If I really like it I will be asking for advice on standing desks - although they are expensive.

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

AstonJ
Perhaps we can use this thread to come up with ideas, learn what other countries are doing and then contacting our local politicians with...
New
New
First poster: bot
Five years ago, scientists created a single-celled synthetic organism that, with only 473 genes, was the simplest living cell ever known....
New
First poster: davearonson
There is no home therapeutic treatment for COVID-19 patients, and similarly no prophylactic treatment for at risk patients (elderly, dise...
New
DevotionGeo
What about going sugar free? My sugar intake is zero for the last two months and I feel awesome. I do consume natural sugar though, in t...
New
AstonJ
Here in the UK you can get them free from the NHS - is it the same where you are? Have you tried any/would you? Here’s the NHS links: ...
New
CommunityNews
Toxic: 3M knew its chemicals were harmful decades ago, but didn’t tell the public, government - Minnesota Reformer. 3M knew its chemical...
New
CommunityNews
My Experience Biohacking. I’m pretty much a cyborg now.
New
CommunityNews
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans reset U.S. nutrition policy by restoring science, common sense, and real food as the foundation of n...
New
CommunityNews
Your brain uses 20% of your body’s energy just idling. Intense thinking barely adds to that. But the mental byproducts of a long cognitiv...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New