CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Advantages of Data Oriented Programming

One of the biggest advantages I’ve found working with Clojure is its data oriented nature. Ultimately, all that code is doing is transform data. A program starts with one piece of data as the input and produces another as its output. Mainstream languages attempt to abstract over that using object oriented semantics. While practical value of such abstraction is not entirely clear, there are some tangible problems associated with this approach. Let’s take a look at some drawbacks to structuring programs using OO style…

https://yogthos.net/posts/2020-04-08-advantages-of-data-oriented-programming.html

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
Rust vs Go — Bitfield Consulting. Which is better, Rust or Go? Which language should you choose for your next project, and why? How do t...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Ten years without Elixir. I never got into Elixir, largely because it looked like Ruby. I was a Rubyist for a good while, spent time and...
New
AstonJ
Just finished doing a clean install of macOS (which I highly recommend btw!) and have updated my macOS Ruby & Elixir/Erlang dev env s...
New
First poster: bot
Django 3.2 is just around the corner and it’s packed with new features. Django versions are usually not that exciting (it’s a good thing!...
New
First poster: dimitarvp
I’ve spent the last year building keyboards, which has included writing firmware for a variety custom circuit boards. I initially wrote ...
New
First poster: bot
I discovered Elixir and Go at about the same time (2019). I had pivoted almost eight years of working as a Java developer, and part of me...
New
CommunityNews
Functional programming is an increasing popular programming paradigm with many languages building or already supporting it. Go already su...
New
wolf4earth
Charles Max Wood takes the lead this week. He and Adi Iyengar discuss what Top End Devs are and what people should be doing to become Top...
New
StuntProgrammer
In building lofi.limo, media storage and distribution naturally came up. I have songs, announcements, and background image loops which I ...
New
brainlid
Episode 264 of Thinking Elixir. News includes Phoenix v1.8 shipping with an AGENTS markdown file for new apps to enhance coding agent exp...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New