AstonJ

AstonJ

Which Linux distro do you use in production?

Huge CentOS fan here - what about you?

Most Liked

lpil

lpil

Creator of Gleam

Ubuntu, it’s very predictable. I previously would always go for Debian but recently switched over for the LTS releases.

I used CoreOS professionally. In some ways it was great, but if you needed to change things it quickly turned into an undocumented headache, and then they deprecated it without a replacement. Thanks Red Hat. :roll_eyes:

I use Alpine or scratch for container images.

Rainer

Rainer

I’m using Alpine/Docker :slight_smile:

lpil

lpil

Creator of Gleam

Kind of, but they deprecated CoreOS and stopped releasing security updates long before Fedora core was released, and even then it wasn’t a drop in replacement so a lot of rework was required. It caused me to lose a lot of trust in Red Hat.

Where Next?

Popular Linux topics Top

New
New
bot
Looking for an easy to use encryption tool to protect data on your Linux servers? Jack Wallen shows you how to install and use gocryptfs ...
New
Exadra37
In your opinion what is the best Linux windows manager that has this requisites: Works with Ubuntu 20.04 without hijacking the current ...
New
First poster: bot
Ubuntu Linux virtualized on M1 (success!). the ISO file needed: ubuntu-20.04.1-live-server-arm64.iso apart from the ISO, using disk ima...
New
New
First poster: bot
Processor • SiFive U74 RISC-V Dual core with 2MB L2 cache @ 1.5GHz • Vision DSP Tensilica-VP6 for computing vision • NVDLA Engine (conf...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
KnowledgeIsPower
Here’s my new article about using #DefectDoJo to improve security posture
New
AstonJ
Anyone tried Tails? Any thoughts? How Tails works Leave no trace on the computer Your secure computer anywhere To use Tails, shut ...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New