CommunityNews

CommunityNews

What I learned at Gitlab that I don't want to forget

What I learned at GitLab that I don’t want to forget.
After a little over 5 years, I’m going to be leaving GitLab for my next adventure. It’s not surprise to those of you who have been following me that I have absolutely loved my time there. I’m so proud of what we built—and I’m still proud and awed by

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: dyowee
Maybe it’s just my experience, but Object-Oriented Programming seems like a default, most common paradigm of software engineering. The on...
New
First poster: iPaul
TOKYO (Kyodo) – Japan’s government plans to encourage firms to let their employees choose to work four days a week instead of five, aimin...
New
First poster: AstonJ
We engineered a wearable microphone jammer that is capable of disabling microphones in its user’s surroundings, including hidden micropho...
New
New
CommunityNews
9 fintech engineering mistakes. Read this list unless you want to build a money dissappearing system
New
CommunityNews
GitHub - quickwit-oss/tantivy: Tantivy is a full-text search engine library inspired by Apache Lucene and written in Rust. Tantivy is a ...
New
CommunityNews
Writing Portable Rendering Code with NVRHI | NVIDIA Technical Blog. Learn about NVIDIA Rendering Hardware Interface (NVRHI), a library t...
New
CommunityNews
SLUM: The Shadow Library Uptime Monitor. This dashboard tracks the availability of popular shadow libraries in real time from a US-based...
New
First poster: braycarla
In beginning the NVIDIA Blackwell Linux testing with the GeForce RTX 5090 compute performance, besides all the CUDA/OpenCL/OptiX benchmar...
New
CommunityNews
We present DeepSeek-V3, a strong Mixture-of-Experts (MoE) language model with 671B total parameters with 37B activated for each token. To...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New