brainlid
Thinking Elixir 230 - Hot k8s Takes and Self-Hosting
Episode 230 of Thinking Elixir. News includes episodes now available on YouTube, Parker Selbert’s experience transitioning an app from the cloud to self-hosted, Gleam v1.6.0 release with context-aware features, José Valim’s hot-take on Kubernetes vs. Elixir, and more!
Popular Backend topics
Django 3.2 is just around the corner and it’s packed with new features. Django versions are usually not that exciting (it’s a good thing!...
New
Summary: I describe a simple interview problem (counting frequencies of unique words), solve it in various languages, and compare perform...
New
Once a year, I look back at the recent developments in the PHP world, and also look forward to what’s to come. And just like in 2020 and ...
New
I discovered Elixir and Go at about the same time (2019). I had pivoted almost eight years of working as a Java developer, and part of me...
New
I don’t like reading thick O’Reilly books when I start learning new programming languages. Rather, I like starting by writing small and d...
New
Functional programming is an increasing popular programming paradigm with many languages building or already supporting it. Go already su...
New
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
We take a deeper dive with Nathan Long into IOLists in Elixir. We cover what they are, how they work, the power they have when concatenat...
New
Our blog has had a long standing interest in novel uses of the BEAM, or Erlang virtual machine, as shown by the many articles we have pub...
New
There is a new community resource available on writing “Safe Ecto Migrations”. When we get a migration wrong, it can lock up your product...
New
Other popular topics
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
Algorithms and data structures are much more than abstract concepts. Mastering them enables you to write code that runs faster and more e...
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun
Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /markdown









