CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Indexing a year of video locally on a 5-year-old M1 Max with Gemma 4 31B

How I built a queryable video archive locally on a 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Max using Gemma 4 31B in LM Studio. The build journey, the absurdity of 50GB of swap, and four bugs that taught real lessons.

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

CommunityNews
Upset with Apple’s handling of its Security Bounty program, a bug researcher has released proof-of-concept exploit code for three zero-da...
New
First poster: bot
The Apple-Dell deal that could have changed history. It’s been 10 years since the death of Steve Jobs. Michael Dell shares his memories ...
New
New
New
CommunityNews
Never-before-seen, cross-platform SysJoker came from an “advanced threat actor.”
New
First poster: bot
Google’s decision to block the Truth Social app’s launch on the Play Store over content moderation issues raises the question as to why A...
New
New
First poster: bot
Friday Facts #371 - Apple Silicon | Factorio. Today, I’m here to share some exciting non-expansion news for our Mac players. Factorio ...
New
CommunityNews
A simple alternative to homebrew for installing binary packages on MacOS written in Go. - crhuber/kelp
New
CommunityNews
The WinRAR Approach: a small change in how I distribute content to keep the content free, sustainable, & ad-free.
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New