AstonJ

AstonJ

Hardware you wish existed

We’ve got Wishlist threads for apps, software, languages etc but not one about hardware!

If there’s any tech related hardware you wish existed, please let us know! :nerd_face:

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

I thought about this last night - I am forever composing emails, writing announcements or other letters - and I wish there was a mind/thoughts > typed device - that would be SO much easier and quicker!!!

I have one big caveat tho - the device must not under any circumstances be able to connect to the web and the only thing it can transfer (either to a usb drive or to a computer via bluetooth) is our confirmed text - it’s bad enough with the tech giants stealing our online activity we don’t want them stealing our thoughts and ideas as well :rofl:

luckylittle

luckylittle

I would like to see an HDMI device similar to Google Chromecast, but with USB port into which you could plug-in some mass storage device and play content from it. I used to have Western Digital TV Live which did something similar, but it was a big box. The new streaming devices don’t seem to care about your own content/storage anymore…

Hallski

Hallski

Am I thinking too small if I’ll settle for a M1 version of the 12” MacBook? :grin:

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

First poster: bot
Hubble Captures a Black Hole That is Forming Stars, Not Absorbing Them. The opposite behavior of what is seen in larger galaxies. ...
New
First poster: bot
More than 30 years ago, Andreas Floer changed geometry. Now, two mathematicians have finally figured out how to extend his revolutionary ...
New
First poster: bot
Arguments over whether Google’s large language model has a soul distract from the real-world problems that plague artificial intelligence...
New
First poster: bot
A month into Russia’s invasion, Ukrainian troops stumbled upon a nondescript shipping container at an abandoned Russian command post outs...
New
First poster: bot
Why is it that people who can afford to have a Ground Source Heat Pump system don’t really need the low cost of operation, and people who...
New
CommunityNews
An army of more than 60,000 unpaid moderators has unprecedented power over Reddit. The company’s future hinges on whether they can coexis...
New
CommunityNews
Though Truth Social’s valuation makes no sense, Trump fans are still buying it.
New
CommunityNews
Researchers think a combination of genetic edits and an experimental immunosuppressive drug could make the first pig kidney transplant a ...
New
CommunityNews
If God came down to Earth tomorrow to deliver 10 more commandments, the TP-7 is what we’d use to record them—if we could afford one.
New
CommunityNews
In the mid-2000s, Google engineer Orkut Büyükkökten’s self-titled social network briefly took the world by storm before disappearing. Now...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New