CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Adobe Lightroom uses photos for AI training by default

Baldur Bjarnason (@baldur@toot.cafe).
Attached: 1 image

Turns out that Adobe is collecting all of its customers’ pictures into a machine learning training set.

This is opt-out, not opt-in so if you use Lightroom, for example, it defaults to adding all of your photos to the set.

If these are unpublished pictures, work-in-progress, etc. they’ll still be analysed as soon as they’re synced.

I’ve been using Lightroom to sync photos from my Windows desktop to my iPad. Now I need to reconsider that.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: OvermindDL1
You can now buy a 100W USB-C cable with a built-in power meter. They’re just $20 on Amazon, and they work!
New
First poster: mindriot
LG 28-inch 16:18 DualUp Monitor with Ergo Stand and USB Type-C™ (28MQ780-B) | LG USA. Shop LG 28MQ780-B on the official LG.com website ...
New
First poster: bot
API Gateway Trends behind Features: Apache APISIX 3.0 vs. Kong 3.0 - API7.ai. By comparing the open-source API Gateway Apache APISIX and...
New
CommunityNews
Docker on MacOS is slow and how to fix it. Thanks to the DALL·E 2, we finally have a very nice graphic representation of the feelings of...
New
First poster: bot
Large Language Models like ChatGPT say The Darnedest Things. The Errors They MakeWhy We Need to Document Them, and What We Have Decided ...
New
First poster: FatimaAdamu
Two US lawyers fined for submitting fake court citations from ChatGPT. Law firm also penalised after chatbot invented six legal cases th...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
CommunityNews
We’re a tiny team @deepseek-ai pushing our limits in AGI exploration. Starting this week , Feb 24, 2025 we’ll open-source 5 repos – one ...
New
First poster: adamaiken89
Why Ruby on Rails still matters. An old tool endures in a Next.js world
New
First poster: ozornin
The web browser made for people, with love. Best privacy by default, unbiased ad-blocking, no bloat and no noise. Fully open source.
New

Other popular topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New