Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Which AI book would you recommend to a beginneer?

Background

A friend of mine is currently showing interest in changing careers. She is in the IT sector, but her experience focuses mostly in managing teams and doing support.

I talked to her about AI, and that currently Europe is making a significant push to invest in this sector, alongside DevOps and Cybersecurity:

Books

This person is knowledgeable about IT in general, but she is not a developer. So I would like to recommend a book for beginners, with emphasis on creating a portfolio and getting noticed by recruiters.

From Manning, I see a couple of good options:

Which books from Manning would you recommend and why?
Please keep in mind the person in question is a beginner, and is trying to make a career change to get a new job.

First Post!

AstonJ

AstonJ

All of them?

There are quite a few out now: Trending in ai/learning-resources | Devtalk

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

trazorx
Is it possible to build a recommendation system for my online shop? I have online shop and i want to add a recommendation system on it a...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
dPhong31415
I’ve been playing with the idea of building a generative AI app (images/video). Part of me really wants to use Elixir because I love how ...
New
AadityaJujagar
So I came across this privacy-first AI tool for desktop, Jan.ai, so I decided to use it for document analysis purposes with the use of a ...
New
j_0t
Hi everyone, I would like to ask you for some resources to learn how to compute HMM transition matrix and then start coding the solution...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background A friend of mine is currently showing interest in changing careers. She is in the IT sector, but her experience focuses mostly...
New
SakshiGaba
What’s the best roadmap for a beginner who wants to build a career in AI from scratch?
#ai
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New