pillaiindu

pillaiindu

What was your experience with React-Native / NativeScript / Ionic / Cordova / Framework-7 / Flutter / Kotlin Multiplatform / Xamarin / RubyMotion?

Why would you prefer one of the above tools over other? What was your experience while using these tools. What was your experience about the performance or the file (apk / ipa) size? Anything else you’d like to share?

Since many of the users of DevTalk came from Elixirforum: How did it play with websockets and Phoenix channels?

Thank you in advance!

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

I have used MacRuby (what RubyMotion became) and I quite enjoyed it - I made a small app and put it on the Mac App Store and was surprised by how many bought it (I priced it at the cheapest level, which is/was 99p here in the UK). I haven’t used it for mobile apps but I’d expect the experience to be fairly similar.

pillaiindu

pillaiindu

So it means RubyMotion is a mature technology.

pillaiindu

pillaiindu

Yes.
I wish Microsoft buys it the way they bought Xamarin and open sourced it. :smile:

Where Next?

Popular Hybrid topics Top

AstonJ
What do you think of the hybrid dev options around at the moment? Have you used any? Do you recommend any? Appcelerator/Titantium Nati...
New
New
bot
Write your apps in Python and release them on iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS, Linux, Web, and tvOS using rich, native user interfaces. Mult...
New
SmithyTT
No Svelte Native thread here? ImplementFix:: :white_check_mark: Mobile Developer Tries Svelte Native for the First Time
New
New
AstonJ
This makes learning Swift much more compelling! Curious how well it is received..
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New