CommunityNews
The Benefits of Learning Haskell
As developers, there is so much we can learn to improve our skills, ranging from deep theory, to small practical tidbits of information. It can be overwhelming at times and we are forced to pick what we want to learn deeply and what we just want to gloss over. You can’t learn it all!
My belief is that in terms of long term improvement, learning Haskell is one of the best ways to up your raw programming ability…
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Backend topics
I dabbled in Phoenix for a while now, but never really got my hands dirty with it right up until now. Apart from the whole framework bein...
New
New
Understanding Partial Moves in Rust.
Partial moves are an interesting but often misunderstood feature of Rust. However, with the right ...
New
Ten years without Elixir.
I never got into Elixir, largely because it looked like Ruby. I was a Rubyist for a good while, spent time and...
New
So you’re enjoying using WebSockets with Elixir’s Phoenix Framework, and you want to send some binary messages. Maybe it’s an audio clip,...
New
What’s Next for Teal, the typed dialect of Lua - FOSDEM 2021.
This is my talk about the latest updates on the Teal programming language,...
New
Like, on a scale from c to rust?
issue
c
zig (release-safe)
rust (release)
out-of-bounds heap read/write
none
runtime
runtime
...
New
There is a new community resource available on writing “Safe Ecto Migrations”. When we get a migration wrong, it can lock up your product...
New
Elixir language viewed from the perspective of a JavaScript developer. I compared selected aspects of the two languages and touched on to...
New
Episode 264 of Thinking Elixir. News includes Phoenix v1.8 shipping with an AGENTS markdown file for new apps to enhance coding agent exp...
New
Other popular topics
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
Author Spotlight
Rebecca Skinner
@RebeccaSkinner
Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application.
Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released.
Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /nodejs
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









