CommunityNews
Open source devs are fighting AI crawlers with cleverness and vengeance
AI web crawling bots are the cockroaches of the internet, many developers believe. FOSS devs are fighting back in ingenuous, humorous ways.
Read in full here:
Most Liked
Eiji
Ah, that makes a lot of sense … At least now I know why chatbot responses are so bad. ![]()
2
AstonJ
Yeah I’ve heard so many horror stories. I think in part they do it on purpose, so the websites are taken down so that they can’t later sue them for copyright infringement..
2
alvinkatojr
That’s a nasty way of doing things. It used to be that: we live in a man’s world, now it’s like we live in an AI world, deal with it…
2
Popular Ai topics
DeepMind’s AI helps untangle the mathematics of knots.
The machine-learning techniques could benefit other areas of maths that involve l...
New
A new computer program fashioned after artificial intelligence systems like AlphaGo has solved several open problems in combinatorics and...
New
When Hyundai acquired Boston Dynamics at the end of 2020, there were plenty of open questions. Chief among them was why we should assume ...
New
AI video editor can recognize objects, people, and sounds, allowing editing via text.
New
My experience trying to write original, full-length human-sounding articles using Claude AI.
You can use AI tools like Claude to help yo...
New
From fear to optimism: why I am convinced AI is worth embracing.
New
Cursor 1.0 brings BugBot for code review, a first look at memories, one-click MCP setup, Jupyter support and general availability of Back...
New
Netflix said it used generative AI for the first time for a scene in an Argentinean show called “El Eternauta.”
New
Last week, a tweet went viral showing a guy claiming that a Cursor/Claude agent deleted his company’s production database. We watched fro...
New
Open-source AI coding agent for your terminal. Engineered around DeepSeek’s prefix-cache. MCP first-class · plan mode · MIT.
New
Other popular topics
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!?
If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
New
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig.
General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









