alvinkatojr
Once More, With Feeling - field15
Here is an interesting article from Tammy, who is an editor from Pragmatic. It talks about the lack of attention and care to detail in today’s world.
Here’s the key statement that stood out for me: “I still make things….I do the work correctly. I meet requirements. I genuinely care about the end result. But the environment no longer responds to care. Deadlines matter more than clarity…..Originality costs time that the system does not reward.”
I won’t give any more spoilers, but it’s worth a read.
Popular Community topics
I’ve just discovered that @asgartech is a writer! And a pretty good one at that - according to his goodreads reviews - and that got me wo...
New
We already have a Thread about new Hardware here:
But what about all the other nerdy things? :wink:
Did you get any new cool gadgets? ...
New
Like many of the virus’s hardest hit victims, the United States went into the COVID-19 pandemic wracked by preexisting conditions. A fray...
New
Where should a Junior Elixir Dev focused first? what projects should I create? my current work has nothing to do with specifically Elixir...
New
I like learning languages, but since learning English (which of course I can improve) I didn’t know which one I want to learn first. I’m ...
New
I’m wondering how you journal or keep track with your learning. I myself using diary (just timestamp and quick summary on what I did), bu...
New
Ben Affleck Says He’s Done With DC Films, No Matter Who’s in Charge.
Ben Affleck had such a horrible time making Justice League, he bowe...
New
You can now get the ebook version of Bruce Tate’s @redrapids new book, Currently Away, which is the story of how he and Maggie Tate took ...
New
In 1984, when I wrote CHARGED BODIES, my history of the creation of Silicon Valley, the Mac promised to be “the computer for the rest of ...
New
Here is an interesting article from Tammy, who is an editor from Pragmatic. It talks about the lack of attention and care to detail in to...
New
Other popular topics
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic.
Sam Ruby @rubys
...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









