CommunityNews

CommunityNews

June extremes suggest parts of climate system are reaching tipping points

Research shows heat domes, wildfires, and vanishing polar ice are the symptoms.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

First poster: bot
Wild turtles age slowly. Some basically don’t age at all - Futurity. New research finds that turtles in the wild age slowly and have lon...
New
First poster: bot
Whatever hit the Moon in March, it left a double crater. NASA probe reveals strange hole created by suspected Chinese junk
New
First poster: bot
A review of 17α-ethynylestradiol (EE2) in surface water across 32 countries: Sources, concentrations, and potential estrogenic effects - ...
New
First poster: bot
It’s raining PFAS: even in Antarctica and on the Tibetan plateau rainwater is unsafe to drink - Stockholm University. Per- and polyfluor...
New
First poster: bot
Eukaryotes, archaea, and bacteria share a set of proteins that block many viruses.
New
First poster: bot
Boston University researchers’ testing of lab-made version of Covid virus draws government scrutiny. Research at Boston University that ...
New
First poster: bot
Social isolation and the brain in the pandemic era - Nature Human Behaviour. Danilo Bzdok and Robin I. M. Dunbar review the neurobiology...
New
New
First poster: bot
Study finds mushrooms magnify memory by boosting nerve growth. Researchers from The University of Queensland have discovered the active ...
New
First poster: gfqdjb
Gui Junmin froze his former spouse as a sign of his devotion - but it’s now emerged he is dating again.
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New