CommunityNews
Nuclear Fusion Breakthrough California Team Achieved Ignition
Three peer-reviewed papers highlight scientific results of National Ignition Facility record yield shot.
After decades of inertial confinement fusion research, a yield of more than 1.3 megajoules (MJ) was achieved at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory’s (LLNL’s) National Ignition Facility (NIF) for the first time on Aug. 8, 2021, putting researchers at the threshold of fusion gain and achieving scientific ignition.
Read in full here:
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
Popular Science Tech topics
Some animals and plants are rapidly adapting to our warming, polluted world.
New
In Japan, Mitsui Chemicals and three other firms are about to demonstrate the feasibility of switching from methane to ammonia as the mai...
New
Forests are fundamental for the economy, reaching climate targets, and more.
New
The Importance of Elders.
Researchers argue that the long human lifespan is due in part to the contributions of older adults
New
After Millennia of Agricultural Expansion, the World Has Passed ‘Peak Agricultural Land’.
The future of food production does not need to...
New
New public buildings in Finland have to incorporate more wood, which is leading builders to innovate.
New
An idea called almost quantum theory predicts particles could have stronger correlations than we’ve ever observed. If tests show it to be...
New
Research shows the biological aging process can be slowed by strong social connections and support.
New
Could we halve aviation’s climate impact at a fraction of the cost of sustainable aviation fuels?
New
Harvard scientists identify hundreds of genes under selective pressure.
New
Other popular topics
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc.
However, I don’t...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
Background
Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









