CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Hot Reloading Rust: Windows and Linux

Hot Reloading Rust: Windows and Linux — John Austin.
Recently, I’ve been implementing hot reloading for a new game engine I’m writing in Rust. If you’re interested in the subject, you may have seen the Faster Than Lime article , which is one of the most detailed sources out there. Although Amos encountered major issues implementing hot reloading on L

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

First poster: bot
It’s Time to Say Goodbye to Docker. Docker is not the only containerization tool out there and there might just be better alternatives… ...
New
CommunityNews
Algebraic effects and handlers provide a modular abstraction for expressing effectful computation, allowing the programmer to separate th...
New
First poster: bot
Rubinius began as a metacircular implementation of Ruby and was billed as Ruby in Ruby. Today the core and much of the standard library, ...
New
CommunityNews
Today, we, the Tokio team, are announcing the initial release of Tokio Console (Github), enabling Rust developers to gain deeper insight ...
New
First poster: bot
Rails adds support for Fiber-safe ActiveRecord ConnectionPools. Ruby on Rails and ReactJS consulting company. We also build mobile appli...
New
First poster: bot
Disclaimer: I work at Uber and am partially responsible for bringing zig cc to serious internal use. Opinions are mine, this blog post is...
New
First poster: bot
not-common-lisp-to-julia.org. GitHub Gist: instantly share code, notes, and snippets.
New
First poster: bot
user-defined iteration using range over func values · Discussion #56413 · golang/go. There is no standard way to iterate over a sequence...
/go
New
CommunityNews
Postgres 18 introduces Asynchronous I/O (AIO) that can dramatically improve read performance, especially in the cloud. Learn how these ch...
New
gfqdjb
This post is my attempt to write down, in broad strokes, everything I know about good system design. A lot of the concrete judgment calls...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New