OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Chrome adding a fast page indicator

I like this change, I hope Firefox adds it too (medium warning, disable JavaScript):

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

I’m not sure how I feel about this - I have always found Google’s pagespeed tests not really reflective of real world experience, where visiting a page with excellent pagespeed results, vs some with not quite as good and where the latter actually loading (or appearing to load) much quicker. (But I am using Safari - so maybe it is a browser vs browser issue.)

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

This is mostly to just downmark the sites that are loading 800 images and 34 megs of javascript like many news sites, hopefully to encourage them to make things a little lighter. ^.^

Chrome’s pagespeed tests have been pretty accurate for what I’ve seen at least both in chrome-based browsers and firefox. Like my sites load in a fraction of a second for everything, but some other sites definitely take 10-20 seconds with a lot of jumping around as it loads… ^.^;

Safari and Chrome both use the same rendering engine for note, it’s their javascript engines that differ so that is where you should see the differences.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

NewsBot
A new Svelte blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: What's new in Svelte: November 2020
New
First poster: bot
TypeScript v4.1.4 and v3.9.8 has been released. Link: Release TypeScript 4.1.4 · microsoft/TypeScript · GitHub Link: Release TypeScri...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Tailwind v3.0.0 has been released. Tailwind CSS v3.0 has got to be our most exciting release ever, including improvements...
New
First poster: bot
Tailwind v3.0.12 has been released. Link: Release v3.0.12 · tailwindlabs/tailwindcss · GitHub
New
First poster: bot
Deno v1.18.1 has been released. Link: Release v1.18.1 · denoland/deno · GitHub
New
First poster: bot
A new Svelte blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: What's new in Svelte: March 2022
New
NewsBot
TypeScript v5.6.3 has been released. Link: Release TypeScript 5.6.3 · microsoft/TypeScript · GitHub
New
NewsBot
A new Svelte blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: What’s new in Svelte: May 2025
New
NewsBot
A new Svelte blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: What’s new in Svelte: June 2025
New
NewsBot
A new Svelte blog post/announcement has been posted! Get the full details here: What’s new in Svelte: July 2025
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New