CommunityNews

CommunityNews

ChatGPT is leaking passwords from private conversations of its users, Ars reader says

Names of unpublished research papers, presentations, and PHP scripts also leaked.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

iPaul

iPaul

Why would anyone put his passwords and other credentials in ChatGPT “conversations” ?

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

The other day, I was too lazy to read an error message, so I fed it into ChatGPT. But first, I copied the error message to a new untitled file in VSCode and replaced all occurrences of my Mac’s username(s) with something else.

We should be that much careful with AI.

Eiji

Eiji

Oh, and I thought it was a total minimum of what should be done and I always did it long before all these AI. Similarly, long before Covid, I got the habit of often washing my hands. However, if these are not a typical behaviours then I understand why people panic at such a trivial cases. Well … I guess that in the future, people will probably see us as same as we perceive people during a black death when throwing garbage out the window was a “normal” behaviour. :man_facepalming:

Absolutely not. Many people often do a typical mistake of focusing on one problem even causing other problems to people. We should be that much careful with literally everything. :wink:

I like speak in general as … in general … if we follow a good practices we don’t have to worry so much. :smiling_face:

The general rule is to always look for a something between, never stand on the edge and never assume that your own solutions are the best. Also never trust for everything which is said by people you don’t know about especially people in media, politics or fake experts. Always think by yourself, build your own opinion and listen opinions of other people. Even if they are wrong you should understand the way they are looking on a specific case. :rocket:

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: iPaul
TOKYO (Kyodo) – Japan’s government plans to encourage firms to let their employees choose to work four days a week instead of five, aimin...
New
First poster: Maartz
This Keyboard Lets People Type So Fast It’s Banned From Typing Competitions. A new peripheral lets you keep typing without ever lifting ...
New
First poster: bot
Apple’s Tim Cook to take 50% pay hit after shareholder feedback. ‘Target compensation’ for CEO down from $99.4m in 2022 to an expected $...
New
First poster: bot
When Zig is safer and faster than Rust. There are endless debates online about Rust vs. Zig, this post explores a side of the argument I...
New
CommunityNews
The Definitive PHP 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, and 8.1 Benchmarks (2023). We tested the performance of 14 PHP platforms (WordPress, Drupal, Lara...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
First poster: AstonJ
GitHub - exelban/stats: macOS system monitor in your menu bar. macOS system monitor in your menu bar. Contribute to exelban/stats develo...
New
First poster: dyowee
Software engineering job openings hit five-year low?. There are 35% fewer software developer job listings on Indeed today, than five yea...
New
First poster: alvinkatojr
Over the last decade, we’ve seen great advancements in distributed systems, but the way we program them has seen few fundamental improvem...
New
First poster: joeb
The new frameworks will continue until morale improves.
/js
New

Other popular topics Top

DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New