CommunityNews
Building a Fast, Memory-Efficient Hash Table in Java (by borrowing the best ideas)
One day, I ran into SwissTable—the kind of design that makes you squint, grin, and immediately regret every naive linear-probing table you’ve ever shipped.
This post is the story of how I tried to bring that same “why is this so fast?” feeling into Java. It’s part deep dive, part engineering diary, and part cautionary tale about performance work.
- The SwissTable project, explained the way it feels when you first understand it SwissTable is an open-addressing hash table design that came out of Google’s work and was famously presented as a new C++ hash table approach (and later shipped in Abseil).
Read in full here:
Popular Backend topics
New
New
Zig Roadmap 2021.
From Zig SHOWTIME #21Subscribe to the Zig SHOWTIME Newsletter!https://zig.show0:00 Intro then Language Spec w/ Martin ...
New
Microsoft is trying to leapfrog competitors like Google and Amazon as they face record antitrust scrutiny.
The big picture: The deals ...
New
C++ Programming - The State of Developer Ecosystem in 2021 Infographic.
The State of Developer Ecosystem 2021 is a detailed report about...
New
In recent months I use Go for the implementation of Proof of Concept in my leisure time, partly to study of Go programming language itsel...
New
Rocket is a web framework written in Rust. It provides a concise API and is opinionated and feature-rich beyond what you would typically ...
New
Why Lisp?
A lot of people ask us the question, why do we choose to use Common Lisp as our primary development language? Often times the q...
New
GitHub - redneckbeard/thanos: Ruby → Go at the snap of your fingers.
Ruby → Go at the snap of your fingers. Contribute to redneckbeard/t...
New
Ruffle is a Flash Player emulator written in Rust. Ruffle runs natively on all modern operating systems as a standalone application, and ...
New
Other popular topics
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed!
Check out all of our Keycaps threads here:
https://forum....
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /markdown









