dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Any tips on trying a paleo diet?

…But I’ve been doing my own experiments lately and I found that severely reduced carbs and sugar (even skipping on fruits!) is giving me a boost energy so until I fiinish all the lab examinations that my doctor wants me to do, and before I consult an actual dietitian, this is what I’ll stick to.

Do you have a good guide on paleo diet?

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

It shouldn’t do - for example you can put salmon and some veg in the steamer (takes literally 2 minutes) then 5 minutes before it’s done chop up some salad :smiley:

Another staple is just lobbing stuff in the oven (takes about 5 mins) then an hour later some veg in the steamer (if needed) and then 20 mins later it’s all done :smiley:

While I love cooking, I don’t have time to spend hours slaving over a meal, hence my staples like the above are easy without compromising on healthy.

The great thing about the paleo is that it is so popular that there are tons of recipes online - that’s why I always recommend it as a starting point. Then when you’ve been doing it for a while you can move on to the more hardcore stuff :smiley:

It’s also very simple - so, can include anything that is:

  • Meat
  • Fish
  • Veg
  • Nuts and seeds
  • A tiny bit of fruit if need be

Just try to keep things simple and not too far from what we may have eaten in a Palaeolithic era - in other words don’t use things like nut powders to make ‘bread’ - the majority of our ancestors wouldn’t have done that. They wouldn’t have eaten a lot of fruit either (and it wasn’t as sweet as our commercially produced fruit).

After a few weeks your taste will adjust too - sugar cravings will disappear and you will begin to notice how good ‘real’ food tastes - because artificial enhancers/crap won’t be messing with your tastebuds.

@OvermindDL1 might have some tips too! :smiley:

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

A friend of mine tells me the same, I think it’s time I start listening to you all…

finner

finner

@dimitarvp - exercising is vital, and combined with a healthy diet you just can’t loose !!

Sometimes I use an app called yuka which might be of interest.

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

wolf4earth
@AstonJ prompted me to open this topic after I mentioned in the lockdown thread how I started to do a lot more for my fitness. https://f...
New
AstonJ
Just started reading Ben Greenfield’s Boundless on my Kindle https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bo...
New
First poster: bot
In this post I’ll describe how to sequence a human genome at home, something that’s only recently become possible. The protocol described...
New
First poster: bot
Meet the Anarchists Making Their Own Medicine. The Four Thieves Vinegar Collective is a network of tech-fueled anarchists taking on Big ...
New
First poster: bot
Microplastics Found In Live Human Lung Tissue For The First Time. From the top of the tallest mountain to the depths of the ocean floor,...
New
CommunityNews
“Every time we looked at one of the inks, we found something that gave me pause.”
New
CommunityNews
Scientists think they might hold the key to helping protect us all.
New
CommunityNews
Editor’s Note New research offers a potential explanation for why some patients retain toxic metals long after undergoing an MRI. Publish...
New
CommunityNews
How does a technique called histotripsy turn tumors into a liquid slurry without harming healthy tissue? Learn about this new noninvasive...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New