DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

Are you sugar free?

What about going sugar free?
My sugar intake is zero for the last two months and I feel awesome. I do consume natural sugar though, in the form of fruits like watermelon and bananas.

Most Liked

davearonson

davearonson

I’ve been trying to at least drastically reduce my processed sugar intake over the past few months. However, my total sugar intake has probably increased over the past year or so, as I’ve been making mead, thereby ingesting more natural sugars from honey. :slight_smile: Aside from that, I’ve been trying to cut way back on the caffeine, no longer having coffee every morning out of habit (which also means a couple teaspoons less sugar to go into that), plus going to the gym 2-3x/week since it reopened, so the health effects of any one thing would be hard to measure. But, aside from achy knees, I’m feeling a bit better, and losing a few waist inches.

AstonJ

AstonJ

Great topic DG! I’ve moved it to a dedicated thread :nerd_face:

Some people think (processed) sugar is the devil - and I’d probably agree! Even ‘natural’ sugar in foods like fruit is much higher than what our ancestors would have consumed - but moving to fruits from candy is of course much better (in part, because fruit contains enzymes which help you digest it).

With regards to the main question, I do not consume any processed sugar myself (or processed food for that matter - I make everything from scratch). I’ll only have a bit of fruit in the summer - because I know I’ll be doing a lot of walking and so will work off any excess calories/negate some of the downsides.

Keep in mind carbs basically become sugar too - potatoes are actually higher on the glycemic level that sugar itself!! (So mininising carbs could be a nice next step for you? :blush:)

mafinar

mafinar

I promised I will lose 10kg in the beginning of the year and gained 15kg instead.

Since end of May I started a more protein less carbs diet, feeling great. Lost 5 kilos in 2 weeks. And yes, I’m almost 0 on Sugar too

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

AstonJ
It’s absolutely boiling here atm :orange_heart: Well, probably not in comparison to where some of you live but it’s a lovely 29 degrees ...
New
New
rustkas
Welcome to the @Devtalk cooking and recipes thread! Please feel free to share recipes and/or photos or posts about things you’ve been co...
New
New
First poster: bot
To date most research on obesity has focused on studying those with a high body mass index (BMI), but a research group is now taking a di...
New
CommunityNews
Rethinking indoor air chemistry. People typically spend 90 percent of their lives inside, at home, at work or in transport. Within these...
New
CommunityNews
Scientists think they might hold the key to helping protect us all.
New
First poster: bot
It’s well known that weightlifting can strengthen our biceps and quads. Now, there’s accumulating evidence that strengthening the muscles...
New
CommunityNews
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans reset U.S. nutrition policy by restoring science, common sense, and real food as the foundation of n...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New