CommunityNews

CommunityNews

TikTok videos leave teens thinking they have rare mental disorders (2021)

TikTok Diagnosis Videos Leave Some Teens Thinking They Have Rare Mental Disorders.
When teens decide they have a personality disorder or other mental-health affliction based on information they found in TikTok videos, it can fray family relationships and pose a treatment challenge.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

The video is well worth a watch if you’re interested in the Tiktok algorithm.

There is a darker side to Tiktok that I don’t think anyone has mentioned yet, how it can be used to shape the brain.

I’ve seen two videos on Tiktok that I found quite disturbing and worrying - the first is where there is a large lorry that turns a corner going a bit too fast and literally crushes a people carrier, and the other is where a person dressed like a shepherd is attacked by a goat who rams into it (and which ends where you think the person couldn’t have survived as their head hits the floor).

Maybe I am suspicious, but it reminds of the Little Albert experiment - are they purposely injecting such videos to traumatise young minds because of some long term goal? Like I said, maybe I am being overly suspicious - or am I?

jaeyson

jaeyson

You’re not overly suspicious, what’s weird/taboo years ago are considered norm. Your example ain’t no different from boiling frog fable. So we’re 2 now.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: AstonJ
https://permission.site/ This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - Rezmason/matrix: matrix (web-based green code rain, made with love). matrix (web-based green code rain, made with love) - GitHu...
New
CommunityNews
Docker on MacOS is slow and how to fix it. Thanks to the DALL·E 2, we finally have a very nice graphic representation of the feelings of...
New
New
First poster: fullstackplus
Why Python is terrible… Nice language, but unsuitable for most professional purposes
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
First poster: chris.johan
Skype’s days appear to be numbered, as a hidden string in the latest Skype for Windows preview suggests Microsoft will shutter the servic...
New
First poster: joeb
The new frameworks will continue until morale improves.
/js
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New