brainlid
Thinking Elixir News 203
News includes Phoenix LiveView hitting 1.0 soon, with thoughtful comparisons to the broader web development industry and detailed changelog insights. Theo reacts positively to the release from a React and JS perspective, highlighting its significance. José Valim’s keynote at ElixirConf EU 2024 revisits the famous “Gang of Four” design patterns and their relevance to Elixir today. Chris McCord introduces the innovative World Page Speed Test using FLAME, illustrating its ease of use and benefits over traditional solutions. Ash 3.0 is officially released after 46 RC releases. Additionally, Oban support is moving to ElixirForum to improve searchability, and more!
Popular Backend topics
Taking PHP Seriously - Slack Engineering.
Slack uses PHP for most of its server-side application logic, which is an unusual choice these...
New
Ten years without Elixir.
I never got into Elixir, largely because it looked like Ruby. I was a Rubyist for a good while, spent time and...
New
Idioms for the D Programming Language
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
So you’re enjoying using WebSockets with Elixir’s Phoenix Framework, and you want to send some binary messages. Maybe it’s an audio clip,...
New
At Grammarly, the foundation of our business, our core grammar engine, is written in Common Lisp. It currently processes more than a thou...
New
Too long have we hustled to deploy Clojure websites. Too long have we spun up one server instance per site. Too long have reminisced abou...
New
Our blog has had a long standing interest in novel uses of the BEAM, or Erlang virtual machine, as shown by the many articles we have pub...
New
In episode 83 of Thinking Elixir, We talk with Isaac Yonemoto about the Zig language and his Zigler Elixir library. We learn where Zig ca...
New
In building lofi.limo, media storage and distribution naturally came up. I have songs, announcements, and background image loops which I ...
New
Hi folks! Ukrainian Erlanger is here :sign_of_the_horns:!
I’d like to share my recent talk at the TADSummit Online Conference, where I ...
New
Other popular topics
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed!
Check out all of our Keycaps threads here:
https://forum....
New
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
New
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code.
...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









