CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Tailwind has laid off 75% of their team

But the reality is that 75% of the people on our engineering team lost their jobs here yesterday because of the brutal impact AI has had on our business. And every second I spend trying to do fun free things for the community like this is a second I’m not spending trying to turn the business around and make sure the people who are still here are getting their paychecks every month.

Traffic to our docs is down about 40% from early 2023 despite Tailwind being more popular than ever. The docs are the only way people find out about our commercial products, and without customers we can’t afford to maintain the framework. I really want to figure out a way to offer LLM-optimized docs that don’t make that situation even worse (again we literally had to lay off 75% of the team yesterday), but I can’t prioritize it right now unfortunately, and I’m nervous to offer them without solving that problem first.

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

First poster: CommunityNews
Google has unveiled a tool that uses artificial intelligence to help spot skin, hair and nail conditions, based on images uploaded by pat...
New
First poster: CommunityNews
Imagine you’re sitting at a casino’s poker table. Someone has explained the basic rules to you, but you’ve never played before and don’t ...
New
First poster: CommunityNews
Many recent big advances in tech have one key thing at the heart of then: artificial intelligence.
New
First poster: bot
Upcoming “Hopper” GPU broke records in its MLPerf debut, according to Nvidia.
New
New
New
CommunityNews
I run Claude Code with --dangerously-skip-permissions flag, giving it full system access. Let me show you a new way of approaching comput...
New
First poster: conradwt
Why I decided to ditch Cursor and switch to running Claude Code in an isolated environment + diy guide!
New
CommunityNews
But the reality is that 75% of the people on our engineering team lost their jobs here yesterday because of the brutal impact AI has had ...
New
CommunityNews
:crescent_moon: ZetaLib - The only AI Library you need. Contribute to Exocija/ZetaLib development by creating an account on GitHub.
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New