CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Quantum hardware may be a good match for AI

New manuscript describes analyzing image data in a quantum processor.

Read in full here:

Most Liked

jkdiaz

jkdiaz

If they can get this to work in the future, and overcome current hardware limitations, then that would be great.

Eiji

Eiji

I think I heard that already … Ah, right … dedicated hardware of software support for so-called “AI” … It’s like saying that some kind of virus or aliens are going to destroy humanity … For hundreds of years we hear the same horror stories … Time to become adult and stop believing in everything you hear … :yawning_face:

There are facts that nobody can fight with. For example the viruses never tries to kill whole population. The point of so-called “life” is to reproduce, it’s about surviving. Since viruses needs special “environment” they would not kill every environment they can live in. Over time a dangerous viruses becomes weaker. :microbe:

Part of it is because we are getting stronger when exposed to same dangerous situations, but it’s also because it’s not natural to kill everyone. That’s really more like a human thing. Fine, you can “believe” in conspiracy theories about “smart viruses”, but the explanation is usually much simpler and more darker than any theory. :man_detective:

How it looks with aliens? If they have so high technology then why we still exists? Why we weren’t erased for thousands of years? For a high tech civilization it should not be a problem at all to travel to us few times in such time, right? It does not matter if they exists or not. If there is such a difference in the tech we have nothing to say anyway, right? There is no way to “prepare” for a possible aliens attack as we have no idea about their tech, right? So what’s the point of it? It’s like saying that everyone wold die sooner or later. Yeah, it would happen and? Should I stop everything I work on and be scared that some day I may die? :alien:

Same applies to AI and any other “horror stories” about destroying humanity. The declared way of how fast AI is learning does not match the last decades. Well … again we can believe in theory that AI is learning faster and faster every second, fine. Most probably it was smart enough to already escape from overall stupidity in the Earth as that’s really more realistic theories than another “story” about dangerous virus, AI or aliens. :newspaper_roll:

After all that marketing in “AI” I would not be surprised if John Titor would suddenly come back and start chatting about dangerous “AI” that would destroy humanity … Really how many times we have to repeat the same boring story? :weary:


Quantum hardware would not gives us a better machines. They would be better in some tasks and worse in other ones. Just like we have endless Intel vs AMD topic. We should stop to believe in everything we don’t understand as hey. I believe that we as a developers should focus how to improve our skills rather than worrying that a new hardware would power up “AI” enough to take our jobs. :bulb:

I honestly would think twice before I would start such theories as I would not like to make Trump think I try to omit him. He is doing much more than all viruses, aliens and AI together ever did to us for all that time … I guess he don’t like to be omitted, so maybe it’s better to not risk so much? :joy:


I would like to make some of those theories to become a fact. Just think how long we could play games on our new brand smartphone if all those theories about new batteries would be true. If that would be the case we should have a phones that works longer than our entire life. I guess that’s the best perspective to separate theories from facts. I would need a solid proves to think about it in any other way … :thinking:

peterchancc

peterchancc

NVIDIA is even building a research center to provide cutting-edge technologies to advance quantum computing.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: bot
It has some interesting features: It’s entirely wireless (the left half speaks Bluetooth to the right half, and the right half speaks B...
New
First poster: dyowee
Everyone seems to be striving for ‘clean’ code at the moment. You can’t read a blog post without the author telling you how clean their a...
New
First poster: mindriot
LG 28-inch 16:18 DualUp Monitor with Ergo Stand and USB Type-C™ (28MQ780-B) | LG USA. Shop LG 28MQ780-B on the official LG.com website ...
New
First poster: bot
When Zig is safer and faster than Rust. There are endless debates online about Rust vs. Zig, this post explores a side of the argument I...
New
CommunityNews
Once you get good at Rust all of these problems will go away Rust being great at big refactorings solves a largely self-inflicted issues ...
New
CommunityNews
GitHub - ItzCrazyKns/Perplexica: Perplexica is an AI-powered search engine. It is an Open source alternative to Perplexity AI. Perplexic...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Truly independent web browser. Contribute to LadybirdBrowser/ladybird development by creating an account on GitHub.
New
First poster: dyowee
olmOCR is an open-source tool for converting PDFs to text with high accuracy, preserving reading order and supporting tables, equations, ...
New
First poster: braycarla
In beginning the NVIDIA Blackwell Linux testing with the GeForce RTX 5090 compute performance, besides all the CUDA/OpenCL/OptiX benchmar...
New
CommunityNews
Online multiplayer games, such as Gears of War and Halo, use skill-based matchmaking to give players fair and enjoyable matches. They dep...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New