AstonJ

AstonJ

New 'paper' tablet - reMarkable 2

This looks really nice, but £399 seems a lot…

Most Liked

NobbZ

NobbZ

Perhaps its due to age, but I’m quite used to single-colored books, and as long as at least basic syntax “coloring” is done by “bold”, “italics”, “underline” and combinations thereof, I can usually cope with it much better than “wrong colors” that arent readable anymore after the book has been forgotten in the sun for an hour, or are just not those I am used to…

Qqwy

Qqwy

I have had the original ReMarkable since 2018. Since then, the software has significantly improved.
The Remarkable 2 is slightly thinner, has longer battery life and is cheaper than the origional.

It really does feel very close to paper, and the fact that you can scribble on top of PDFs and ePubs really means that it is great for reading scientific papers and technical books.

Main drawbacks it currently still has is that there is no stable Linux client to sync the documents with. Your best bet is to use either the Mac/Windows client or — what I do since I only have a Linux-environment — use the Android client on my phone instead.

Phillipp

Phillipp

No color support for this price. Yeah, no …

The reason why I also still have no e-reader is the lack of color support. Great that I have like 100 tech ebooks with tons of code but reading those without proper syntax highlighting sucks.

Ebooks get more and more color based content (code, pictures) but the market comes up with more expensive readers every year without any color support.

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
AstonJ
Just saw this article about a tiny camera mounted on to a live beetle, and wondered what other tech is being miniaturised - know of any? ...
New
AstonJ
Was surprised to hear that only now can they actually detect speed signs and green lights :scream: :joy: Which got me thinking, do you...
New
First poster: bot
In today’s technological, resource-filled world, there is no excuse for New Zealand homes to be damp, cold or drafty. Even in the hottest...
New
First poster: bot
Cybercriminals are exploiting a fleet of more than 100,000 misconfigured servers to knock websites offline.
New
First poster: bot
When the James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) reveals its first images on 12 July, they will be the byproduct of carefully crafted mirrors a...
New
First poster: bot
Submarines are valued primarily for their ability to hide. The assurance that submarines would likely survive the first missile strike in...
New
CommunityNews
WIRED found thousands of ads running on Meta’s social platforms promoting sexually explicit “AI girlfriend" apps. Some human sex workers ...
New
stocksharp
I want to share how we’ve been working with AI in our IT company, specifically with tools like Claude and ChatGPT. This isn’t about showi...
#ai
New
Sadik
Have you noticed how tech is evolving to make our lives smarter and more seamless? I’ve been super curious about the latest innovations f...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New