CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Microdosing: Improving performance enhancement in intelligence analysis (2019) [pdf]

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our automated news source trackers.

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

From the paper:

Currently, psychedelics are experiencing a third-wave resurgence—the first wave was the traditional use by native peoples from civilizations around the world for thousands of years, the second wave was the heavy scientific and recreational usage in the 1960s that resulted in their ban, and the third wave is the current use of LSD and psilocybin to assist in medical and psychological situations, including recent Food and Drug Administration–approved studies by researchers at Johns Hopkins, Yale, NYU, and various other facilities who have confirmed the positive cognitive effects of psychedelics.7 8 Scientists, Silicon Valley executives, biologists, biohackers, and others who face complex problems or operate at high performance levels are also using microdosing to gain a mental advantage with psychedelics.

Microdosing

A microdose is a sub-perceptual amount (i.e., it does not cause percep- tual sensory changes such as visual hal- lucinations and is not strong enough to debilitate the subject) consisting of about a tenth of a medicinal dose of any given psychedelic, usually between 10 and 20 micrograms (μg) of LSD or 100 milligrams (mg) of psilocybin. In research, microdoses were reported to significantly heighten alertness, creativ- ity, and problem-solving—inducing a “flow state” that aids in lateral thinking.

Ben Greenfield covers cognitive enhancers in his book (see: Biohacking Books) and I’ve often heard people talk about devs microdosing when I used to be active on Twitter.

Personally, I would stick to natural herbals - plenty of which can enhance cognitive function (and also covered in Ben’s book).

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

AstonJ
Thought having a resources thread might be useful, here’s some I’ve found to be good or interesting: https://twitter.com...
New
AstonJ
Seems like a lot of people caught it - just wondered whether any of you did? As far as I know I didn’t, but it wouldn’t surprise me if I...
New
First poster: bot
In this post I’ll describe how to sequence a human genome at home, something that’s only recently become possible. The protocol described...
New
New
First poster: bot
A new study by researchers at Yale University has shown that a single dose of psilocybin given to mice prompted an immediate and long-las...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
amolith
I’m the stereotypical overweight IT guy, have been trying to become less overweight, and one of the more popular ways to accomplish that ...
New
CommunityNews
“Every time we looked at one of the inks, we found something that gave me pause.”
New
First poster: bot
Endemic Pathogens are Making You Crazy and Then Killing You | RETURN. Nobody warned you about them, but they’re destroying your mind and...
New
CommunityNews
Nebraska study finds billions of nanoplastics released when microwaving containers. The fastest way to heat food and drink might also ra...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New