CommunityNews

CommunityNews

FCC Is Trying to Stop Discrimination in Broadband Deployment. Telecoms Are Mad

The FCC Is Trying To Stop Discrimination In Broadband Deployment. Telecoms And Republicans Are Big Mad About It.
For decades, big ISPs like AT&T have refused to upgrade low income and poor communities to fiber, despite billions in subsidies, regulatory favors, and tax breaks that were supposed to accompli…

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: AstonJ
https://permission.site/ This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
First poster: bot
Developing Godot Projects with Neovim. When I started using Godot Engine, what surprised me the most is the built-in Language Server Pro...
New
CommunityNews
…or, “why make programming even harder?” Learning functional programming is an opportunity to discover a new way to represent programs, t...
New
CommunityNews
Docker on MacOS is slow and how to fix it. Thanks to the DALL·E 2, we finally have a very nice graphic representation of the feelings of...
New
First poster: bot
Large Language Models like ChatGPT say The Darnedest Things. The Errors They MakeWhy We Need to Document Them, and What We Have Decided ...
New
First poster: peterchancc
Why I like Clojure as a solo developer | Biff. Most of the reasons fall into a few categories: data orientation, the JVM, and the REPL.
New
First poster: joeb
GitHub - crablang/crab: A community fork of a language named after a plant fungus. All of the memory-safe features you love, now with 100...
New
First poster: DevotionGeo
To avoid being replaced by LLMs, do what they can’t. What LLM’s can’t do yet
New
First poster: alvinkatojr
Over the last decade, we’ve seen great advancements in distributed systems, but the way we program them has seen few fundamental improvem...
New
First poster: andrea
Most of what modern software engineers do involves APIs: public interfaces for communicating with a program, like this one from Twilio. I...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New