CommunityNews

CommunityNews

EA hacked and source code stolen

Hackers have stolen valuable information from major game publisher Electronic Arts (EA), the company said.

The attackers claimed to have downloaded source code for games such as FIFA 21 and for the proprietary Frostbite game engine used as the base for many other high-profile games.

News of the hack was first reported by news site Vice, which said some 780GB of data was stolen.

EA said no player data had been stolen in the breach.

The firm is one of the largest games companies in the world. It counts major series such as Battlefield, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order, The Sims, and Titanfall among the titles it develops or publishes - as well as a vast array of annual sports games.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Game Dev topics Top

New
First poster: bot
Sony says its next-generation PlayStation VR system will feature an improved field of view and silence critics of the current device’s wi...
New
CommunityNews
We know more people are playing video games in the pandemic. Not all of those will be sitting down to play on their consoles or PCs. Re...
New
First poster: bot
TETRIS is a popular video game in which you try to fill rows in a rectangular well using a sequence of tetrominoes chosen by the machine....
New
First poster: bot
An original Zelda cartridge and a Mario game set successive records at auction within days.
New
First poster: bot
Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases… A new tool that blends your everyday work apps into one. ...
New
RobertRichards
As of now, the online casino game industry has registered an impressive revenue size of over $87.91 billion which will witness a massive ...
New
RobertRichards
Do You Know? The global population of video gamers at the moment is above 3.32 billion! (Source: Exploding Topics) Similarly, revenue g...
New
RobertRichards
Despite experiencing the hassle-free purchasing benefits of online shopping, people have not stopped visiting physical retail outlets. As...
New
RobertRichards
For emerging businesses and startups, fitness app development presents a lucrative opportunity worldwide. With a strong market size of $6...
New

Other popular topics Top

Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New