Jase
DDG privacy concerns
Why does it have to take users screaming to get stuff like this fixed ESP when a service say " Tired of being tracked online? We can help."
Startpage.com may be a better private SE
Most Liked
hauleth
hauleth
They do not see full URL, because they cannot. With TLS all message is encrypted and only SNI is sent as a plaintext. So they will see only domain you are visiting, but nothing more.
From what I see it is already available via configuration option “Preferences > Tabs > Show icons in tabs” (or something like that as I have my OS in Polish so this is my rough translation).
2
Josh
I don’t know what it means for their service, but I think they were sold to an ad company.
2
Popular General Dev topics
New
Every other year since 2009, Planet Argon collects information to know the state of RoR community and trends.
Previous results:
If you...
New
This is fantastic!
On Thursday, Twitter’s engineering division tweeted out a set of words that it wants “to move away from using in f...
New
…like say the pharmaceutical industry?
Perhaps stemming from reports of Facebook carrying out psychological studies on its users without...
New
What can the industry do to be more green?
We use carbon-neutral servers here, but it’s still not quite enough.
Is there anything out t...
New
Inspired by the Bletchley Park thread, I was wondering what each of our countries may be famous for in computing.
Perhaps a language was...
New
Continuing the discussion from Elm-pages: A statically typed site generator:
@AstonJ asked me to create a thread to discuss this great t...
New
In the photo above, a Wii Remote is sitting on a table next to an open window. People who grew up playing the Wii might remember it; whil...
New
Just noticed this on Apple’s homepage:
This image highlights quite a good case for miniaturisation of tech - smaller hardware means...
New
I just finished reading “Effective Remote Work”, and I really liked! But one thing I disagree is when the author calls the Covid-19 pande...
New
Other popular topics
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
No chair. I have a standing desk.
This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework.
Miguel Gr...
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
Background
Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11391)
- Dev Chat (208)
- Questions (38)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /markdown









