CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Building a macOS app to know when my Mac is thermal throttling

How I built MacThrottle, a menu bar app that tells me when my Mac is thermal throttling, and the journey to find the right macOS APIs.

Read in full here:

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
The firm’s value more than doubled during the pandemic as people bought more gadgets during lockdowns.
New
New
First poster: bot
Introduction to Apple Silicon · AsahiLinux/docs Wiki. Hardware and software docs / wiki. Contribute to AsahiLinux/docs development by cr...
New
First poster: bot
Introducing Accelerated PyTorch Training on Mac. In collaboration with the Metal engineering team at Apple, we are excited to announce s...
#m1
New
First poster: bot
Get root on macOS 12.3.1: proof-of-concepts for Linus Henze’s CoreTrust and DriverKit bugs (CVE-2022-26766, CVE-2022-26763). Here are tw...
New
New
New
First poster: bot
Apple builds new ad empire after kneecapping competitors. The tech giant is ramping up an ad business just as its iPhone privacy policy ...
New
First poster: bot
FUSE-T. Abstract FUSE-T is a kext-less implementation of FUSE for macOS that uses NFS v4 local server instead of a kernel extension. ...
New
CommunityNews
ASIF disk images are new in Tahoe, and promise to be space efficient, as they’re sparse files, and almost as fast as the disk they’re sto...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New