CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Acoustic Keyboard Eavesdropping

GitHub - ggerganov/kbd-audio: :microphone::keyboard: Acoustic keyboard eavesdropping.
:microphone::keyboard: Acoustic keyboard eavesdropping. Contribute to ggerganov/kbd-audio development by creating an account on GitHub.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

Even though I don’t give any website access to my mic, and I’ve also prevented my browser any access to the Mic from Security & Privacy, but still every now and then I see the amber dot at the top right, and when I open the control center, it tells me that Chrome (or some website) recently accessed my Mic.

AstonJ

AstonJ

Control centre on mine doesn’t show anything about Mics (tho I don’t use Chrome for everyday browsing)…

DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

It shows for just a second or two when your mic is accessed, and then it disappears.

First you see the dot on the control center’s icon. When you click the icon, you see a mic icon with some text in the control center, like the one in this image (copied from the link you provided above). I forgot the exact text. This icon and text disappears after that.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: cpgo
8 reasons to ditch Chrome and switch to Firefox. Chrome may dominate, but Firefox is a known name among browsers for a reason. Whether y...
New
CommunityNews
ABSTRACT In lieu of a traditional , I’ve tried to distill the essence of the talk into a collection of maxims: All programmers are API ...
New
First poster: mikhailgrib
Let’s build GPT: from scratch, in code, spelled out… We build a Generatively Pretrained Transformer (GPT), following the paper ā€œAttentio...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - jakehilborn/displayplacer: macOS command line utility to configure multi-display resolutions and arrangements. Essentially XRand...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 Ā· ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
First poster: dyowee
A Go package for building Progressive Web Apps. A package for building progressive web apps (PWA) with the Go programming language (Gola...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
First poster: jkdiaz
Dark mode isn’t as good for your eyes as you believe. The shadowy display mode has leagues of fans claiming it helps reduce eye strain, ...
New
First poster: AstonJ
On the benefits of learning in public. Learning in public helps me grow as an engineer and seems to benefit others too. Here’s why I sho...
New
First poster: alvinkatojr
Over the last decade, we’ve seen great advancements in distributed systems, but the way we program them has seen few fundamental improvem...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time. ...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New