CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Writing an open source GPU driver – without the hardware

Writing an open source GPU driver – without the hardware.
Until now, no Valhall devices (Mali-G57, Mali-G78) ran mainline Linux - whilst this made driver development obviously difficult, there’s no better time to write drivers than before the devices even get into the hands of end users.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Yay magic bits, lol.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

wolf4earth
Quite scary if you ask me. And it seems China is already blocking TLS 1.3 traffic with their Great Firewall. On the other hand it’s a co...
New
First poster: malloryerik
GitHub - hlissner/doom-emacs: An Emacs framework for the stubborn martian hacker. An Emacs framework for the stubborn martian hacker - G...
New
CommunityNews
GitHub - livekit/livekit: Scalable, high-performance WebRTC SFU. SDKs in JavaScript, React, React Native, Flutter, Swift, Kotlin, Unity/C...
New
First poster: bot
GitHub - Rezmason/matrix: matrix (web-based green code rain, made with love). matrix (web-based green code rain, made with love) - GitHu...
New
First poster: bot
Apple’s Tim Cook to take 50% pay hit after shareholder feedback. ‘Target compensation’ for CEO down from $99.4m in 2022 to an expected $...
New
First poster: bot
When Zig is safer and faster than Rust. There are endless debates online about Rust vs. Zig, this post explores a side of the argument I...
New
First poster: peterchancc
Why I like Clojure as a solo developer | Biff. Most of the reasons fall into a few categories: data orientation, the JVM, and the REPL.
New
First poster: FatimaAdamu
Two US lawyers fined for submitting fake court citations from ChatGPT. Law firm also penalised after chatbot invented six legal cases th...
New
First poster: fullstackplus
Why Python is terrible… Nice language, but unsuitable for most professional purposes
New
First poster: jss
Bare is a minimal and modular JavaScript runtime designed for building high-performance apps across desktop and mobile. Open-source, fast...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New