fullstackplus

fullstackplus

Website Workbook — an adventure in self-publishing

Thirteen years ago, I started writing a book. Originally it was intended as a “consumer awareness guide” for people who wanted a website built for them, so that they’d know what questions to ask their agency or developer.

I never published the first edition.

Over time, the book evolved into a place where I’d document my own learnings. I’m a back-end developer originally, so had to educate myself in UX, SEO, content, and website optimization.

It feels ripe now; I’m no longer ashamed to put it out there.

  • WEBSITES, AS SEEN BY HUMAN EYES

  • WEBSITES, AS SEEN BY SEARCH ENGINES

  • CONTENT AS PRODUCT

  • DESIGN FOR CREDIBILITY, USABILITY, & CONVERSION

  • BUILD AN INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE

  • THE NEED FOR SPEED

I’m publishing it chapter by chapter as my time allows — tell me what you think:

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Going from engineer to manager doesn’t have to be intimidating. Engineers can be managers, and fantastic ones at that. Cast aside the rhe...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
If you’re trying to use agile and lean strategies at the program level, you’ve heard of several approaches, all about scaling processes. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Management is ready to disband your new agile team and outsource your project. Can you save The Dream Team? Portia Tung edited by L...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get ready to kick some software project butt. By learning the ways of the agile samurai you will discover: how to create plans and sched...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Debug It! will equip you with the tools, techniques, and approaches to help you tackle any bug with confidence. These secrets of professi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As a techie, you have a tougher time finding and winning the right job. Companies are more demanding. Just like you, your competition is ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Many books and articles have been written describing agile, adaptable approaches to writing software. But somehow, reading about software...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn to design project lifecycles to create valuable products and a culture of agility. Johanna Rothman @jrothman Do you dread you...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New