brainlid

brainlid

Thinking Elixir 212 - Dueling with Wizards over ElixirConf!

Episode 212 of Thinking Elixir. In this episode of the Thinking Elixir Podcast, we dive into the exciting new Metal support in Nx, thanks to Paulo Valente’s hard work, and discuss Chris McCord’s impressive demo on deploying a distributed Elixir app with YugabyteDB. We also cover Paraxial.io’s new free tier, the release of the REST client Polo, and the latest updates from the Peep library. Plus, a special collaboration with the Elixir Wizards crew previews ElixirConf 2024 with insights on training classes, talks, and strategies to make the most of the event. Tune in for tips on networking, keynotes, and all the reasons why this conference is a must-attend for Elixir enthusiasts!

Use code ELIXIRPODCAST at checkout to get a $50 discount on your tickets to ElixirConf in Orlando from August 27-30, 2024.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

dimitarvp
Apparently he decided to live-stream how he’s going to create a semver library.
New
First poster: bot
Rust vs Go — Bitfield Consulting. Which is better, Rust or Go? Which language should you choose for your next project, and why? How do t...
New
First poster: bot
When I need to configure something in a complicated way, I find myself reviewing the embedded language that provided the server to create...
New
paulanthonywilson
I had a bit of a mini-adventure following Sobelow’s advice on adding a CSP to a Phoenix App. If you want to follow along, or want to add ...
New
First poster: bot
In this post we’re going to be looking at a more advanced use of Gleam’s type system, known as phantom types. Hopefully by the end of thi...
New
paulanthonywilson
Post on using UDP multicasting with Elixir to broadcast presence, and listen for peers, on a local network. I have found this approach us...
New
First poster: Exadra37
Summary: I describe a simple interview problem (counting frequencies of unique words), solve it in various languages, and compare perform...
New
First poster: AstonJ
They expect you to make a onepage application (SPA) The polaris design system officially only supports react Integration with the s...
New
First poster: bot
At Grammarly, the foundation of our business, our core grammar engine, is written in Common Lisp. It currently processes more than a thou...
New
Johannes-Werbrouck
In this blog post over on Fly.io I take a look at PHP 8.1’s new Enum class, and show you how it can be used to set up a level structure f...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New