CommunityNews

CommunityNews

The blissful zen of a good side project

One of life’s greatest simple pleasures is creating something just for yourself.

Read in full here:

Most Liked

alvinkatojr

alvinkatojr

What a beautiful article with some niceties.

On freedom:

Enjoying the freedom to explore possibilities, and happily follow any compelling whim—that’s the blissful zen of a good side project.

On personal space and choices:

It’s having a carved-out space in your life where you, and only you, get to make the choices.

Nobody else. You might have to share everything outside this little room, but everything in here is yours and yours alone.

On listening to yourself:

You don’t have to listen to any other voices here, except that quiet one inside of you that’s gently urging you to do the thing you know you need to do. You don’t owe it to anyone to choose anything—except yourself, and what you honestly feel.

On direction and long term vision:

You don’t need to know where it’s going to lead. For that matter, it doesn’t have to lead anywhere. Nothing ever has to come of it

I loved this article and looking forward to more by the author!

AstonJ

AstonJ

^^This is pretty much how I roll :003:

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: mafinar
The following languages will help current and new web developers navigate the programming landscape to code web-based services and apps t...
New
First poster: OvermindDL1
You can now buy a 100W USB-C cable with a built-in power meter. They’re just $20 on Amazon, and they work!
New
First poster: cpgo
8 reasons to ditch Chrome and switch to Firefox. Chrome may dominate, but Firefox is a known name among browsers for a reason. Whether y...
New
CommunityNews
…or, “why make programming even harder?” Learning functional programming is an opportunity to discover a new way to represent programs, t...
New
First poster: bot
Hector Martin (@marcan@treehouse.systems). Attached: 1 image For those wondering why the hell we need all this safety system stuff for...
New
First poster: bot
When Zig is safer and faster than Rust. There are endless debates online about Rust vs. Zig, this post explores a side of the argument I...
New
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
First poster: jkdiaz
Dark mode isn’t as good for your eyes as you believe. The shadowy display mode has leagues of fans claiming it helps reduce eye strain, ...
New
First poster: jss
Bare is a minimal and modular JavaScript runtime designed for building high-performance apps across desktop and mobile. Open-source, fast...
New

Other popular topics Top

New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New