AstonJ

AstonJ

SCADE - Next Generation Mobile Application Development Platform

Just spotted this, and although it doesn’t seem to have had much action since 2018, posting it in case it sees a revival - there’s certainly a call for Swift > Android!

Cross Platform support for Android and iOS

Use Apple Swift to develop, build and deploy for multiple platforms using one single code base.

Compile the Swift source code into high-performance, native code using the Swift compilers for iOS and Android. Supported platforms are:

  • OSX using the blazing fast SCADE simulator
  • iOS simulator and binary (ipk)
  • Android Simulator ARM & x86
  • Android ARM & x86 binary (both 32bit and 64bit) (apk)

cc/@pillaiindu

Most Liked

stefan.jarina

stefan.jarina

Another good contender is Xamarin (it is even getting merged into .NET 6).

C# is a really good language with great tooling (my subjective opinion, I like C# more and more).

C# also can be used to write:

  • cross-platform CLI apps and services
  • crossplatform mobile apps
  • crossplatform gui apps (projects like Avalonia, Uno Platform)
    • MS is working on MAUI which should be crossplatform GUI framework)
  • web backend and frontend
    • Blazor (C# running in WASM) looks interesting, though I thin it is not yet ready to replace JS for me)
    • ASP.NET Core is extremely good, actually one of fastest frameworks out there (according to some benchmarks)
  • Games (Unity framework)
  • Machine Learning (ML.NET)
  • IoT

The only problem is “Microsoft” - as a linux guy I still feel a bit worried/uncertain about MS. Who knows what they decide again.

When C# was still only for Windows, I would never consider it, but nowadays, the benefit of one language and be able to write for so many platforms, it is definitely a strong contender to at least keep an eye on…

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Wonder if somebody compared it with Flutter.

dasdom

dasdom

Author of Build Location-Based Projects for iOS

I think, if I would start to learn mobile development, I would learn Kotlin right now. When I remember correctly, you can build iOS apps with Kotlin.

Where Next?

Popular Hybrid topics Top

AstonJ
Just spotted this, and although it doesn’t seem to have had much action since 2018, posting it in case it sees a revival - there’s certai...
New
New
First poster: bot
Reactive web UIs for Kotlin, based on Google’s modern toolkit and brought to you by JetBrains Compose for Web simplifies and accelerates...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New