CommunityNews
On Getting Hacked
Having worked in tech for years, I had in myself a confident conviction that I would never be as dumb as falling for online traps. I am well acquainted with all of the common hacking attacks and have never been at the receiving end of one of them so far as I remember. Some of my credentials I found in leaks, but that, I was not responsible for. I avoid downloading random apps and files from the internet and have been using a password manager with these long, random types of passwords, called Strong Passwords, or Digital Gibberish, which you’d not be able to memorize even three consecutive characters from at a glance, unless one were a gifted person (I am not). Added on top of it, I had 2FA active on every service.
Read in full here:
Popular General Dev topics
This Keyboard Lets People Type So Fast It’s Banned From Typing Competitions.
A new peripheral lets you keep typing without ever lifting ...
New
The File System Access API with Origin Private File System.
WebKit supports new API that makes it possible for web apps to create, open,...
New
Docker on MacOS is slow and how to fix it.
Thanks to the DALL·E 2, we finally have a very nice graphic representation of the feelings of...
New
GitHub - lucidrains/PaLM-rlhf-pytorch: Implementation of RLHF (Reinforcement Learning with Human Feedback) on top of the PaLM architectur...
New
Building GitHub with Ruby and Rails | The GitHub Blog.
Since the beginning, GitHub.com has been a Ruby on Rails monolith. Today, the app...
New
Why I like Clojure as a solo developer | Biff.
Most of the reasons fall into a few categories: data orientation, the JVM, and the REPL.
New
Will Swifties’ war on AI fakes spark a deepfake porn reckoning?
New
GitHub - ItzCrazyKns/Perplexica: Perplexica is an AI-powered search engine. It is an Open source alternative to Perplexity AI.
Perplexic...
New
On the benefits of learning in public.
Learning in public helps me grow as an engineer and seems to benefit others too. Here’s why I sho...
New
Online multiplayer games, such as Gears of War and Halo, use skill-based matchmaking to give players fair and enjoyable matches. They dep...
New
Other popular topics
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread.
While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig.
General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
Jan | Rethink the Computer.
Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News
- Dev Chat (208)
- Questions (38)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /lua
- /markdown









