CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Even Amazon can't make sense of serverless or microservices

Even Amazon can’t make sense of serverless or microservices.
The Prime Video team at Amazon has published a rather remarkable case study on their decision to dump their serverless, microservices architecture and replace it with a monolith instead. This move saved them a staggering 90%(!!) on operating costs, and simplified the system too. What a win! But beyond celebrating their good sense, I th…

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

I haven’t got around to reading it yet, but I’ve had this open in a tab for ages:

adamaiken89

adamaiken89

Doing Microservices or not do have a lot of consideration. Personally, I will do certain kinds of analysis (say DDD) before I really go from a big APIs to Microservices.

However, as of my understanding and the number of candidates I interviewed, I think most people make such kinds of decision based on some random reasons or unsupported believes.

andrea

andrea

Use the right architecture for the right job. Not every app needs to be a jumble of microservices.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: AstonJ
https://permission.site/ This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
First poster: mafinar
F# Is The Best Coding Language Today. If you want to personally pick up a programming language in order to become a better coder in what...
New
First poster: Maartz
This Keyboard Lets People Type So Fast It’s Banned From Typing Competitions. A new peripheral lets you keep typing without ever lifting ...
New
First poster: dpritchett
It’s not what programming languages do, it’s what they shepherd you to. How many of you have listened, read or taken part in a discussio...
New
First poster: cpgo
8 reasons to ditch Chrome and switch to Firefox. Chrome may dominate, but Firefox is a known name among browsers for a reason. Whether y...
New
First poster: bot
Developing Godot Projects with Neovim. When I started using Godot Engine, what surprised me the most is the built-in Language Server Pro...
New
First poster: dyowee
A Go package for building Progressive Web Apps. A package for building progressive web apps (PWA) with the Go programming language (Gola...
New
CommunityNews
GitHub - quickwit-oss/tantivy: Tantivy is a full-text search engine library inspired by Apache Lucene and written in Rust. Tantivy is a ...
New
New
CommunityNews
:person_lifting_weights: Modern open-source fitness coaching platform. Create workout plans, track progress, and access a comprehensive e...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New