CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Apple to Move a Part of Its Embedded Cores to RISC-V

Report: Apple to Move a Part of its Embedded Cores to RISC-V, Stepping Away from Arm ISA.
According to Dylan Patel of SemiAnalysis sources, Apple is moving its embedded cores from Arm to RISC-V. In Apple’s Silicon designs, there are far more cores than the main ones that power the operating system and end-user applications. For example, embedded cores are present, and there are 30+ in M1…

Read in full here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/298936/report-apple-to-move-a-part-of-its-embedded-cores-to-risc-v-stepping-away-from-arm-isa

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular Macos topics Top

First poster: bot
Ever since I started learning how to code, I have been fascinated by the level of trust we put in a simple command like this one: pip in...
New
First poster: bot
New “Report a Problem” link on product pages - News - Apple Developer. The App Store provides a safe and trusted place to discover apps ...
New
New
New
New
New
New
First poster: bot
Process injection: breaking all macOS security layers with a single vulnerability. If you have created a new macOS app with Xcode 13.2, ...
New
First poster: bot
Reverse Engineering the Apple MultiPeer Connectivity Framework. Some time ago I was using Logic Pro to record some of my music and I nee...
New
CommunityNews
On September 10th, Apple held its 2025 Fall Event, unveiling the iPhone 17 lineup alongside a brand-new product category—iPhone Air. Amon...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New