CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Windows NT vs. Unix: A design comparison

Windows NT vs. Unix: A design comparison.
NT is often touted as a “very advanced” operating system. Why is that? What made NT better than Unix, if anything? And is that still the case?

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: bot
A field guide to help you recognize achievement, spot A field guide to help you recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug your d...
New
First poster: Maartz
This Keyboard Lets People Type So Fast It’s Banned From Typing Competitions. A new peripheral lets you keep typing without ever lifting ...
New
First poster: bot
It has some interesting features: It’s entirely wireless (the left half speaks Bluetooth to the right half, and the right half speaks B...
New
First poster: mikhailgrib
Let’s build GPT: from scratch, in code, spelled out… We build a Generatively Pretrained Transformer (GPT), following the paper “Attentio...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
New
CommunityNews
Writing Portable Rendering Code with NVRHI | NVIDIA Technical Blog. Learn about NVIDIA Rendering Hardware Interface (NVRHI), a library t...
New
CommunityNews
We’re a tiny team @deepseek-ai pushing our limits in AGI exploration. Starting this week , Feb 24, 2025 we’ll open-source 5 repos – one ...
New
CommunityNews
After switching from Firefox to LibreWolf, I became interested in the idea of self-hosting my own Firefox Sync server. Although I had see...
New
CommunityNews
What did the study find? They scanned the brains of more than a hundred undergrad students and had them complete a questionnaire about th...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New